Welcome to U.A.C. [O.S.A.]
login / register
Архивы форума | iddqd.ru
Wolf 3D
ПравилаПравила ПоискПоиск
18+
The Ultimate Torment & Torture: Supportive Edition
   Список разделов - Мегавады и уровни - The Ultimate Torment & Torture: Supportive EditionОтветить
АвторСообщение
Infernal_KoT
- Sergeant -
Next rank: = Sergeant = after 32 points

Doom Rate: 2

Posts quality: +86
Ссылка на пост №1 Отправлено: 13.09.17 12:42:02
Вслед за Valiant'ом, совместимость с модами приобрел и уже запылившийся The Ultimate Torment & Torture.
Скрытый текст:

Ten years ago, the Ultimate Torment & Torture was uploaded to /idgames. A lot of things have been said about it. Some good. Some bad!
But for me, alongside Scythe 2, Dissolution, Psychic, Equinox, Agent Diaz, and other things, Ultimate Torment n' Torture is one of the old projects that got me into the Doom community and inspired me to start modding it. I've long since went my own direction with my own philosophies and ideas, but even now looking back I can't help but be fond of this mapset.
And now, here we are, ten years later. My, how time flies.

The Ultimate Torment & Torture is a mapset by Tormentor667 that's a rework of his Torment & Torture series, with an additional episode (Havoc) added on. At the time, it was the strongest display of GZDoom's capabilities, especially for maps, with custom textures, custom sprites, custom enemies, custom weapons, ACS accentuating every map, and more. It won an award. Fun stuff.
Ten years later, and gameplay mods have become a huge thing--possibly one of the biggest selling points for using GZDoom over other engines. Gameplay mods have exploded both in popularity and ease of use to make. They may not be the "proper" way to play the game, but it's fun to go through mapsets we love and experience them in a brand-new way.

In February 2015, Skillsaw came out with Valiant, a truly magnificent mapset. It made use of custom monsters and weapons combined with his skill at mapping and created something astounding. In December 2015, Skillsaw took it and made a "vaccinated" edition, removing the custom monsters and weapons and replacing them with vanilla equivalents, providing an alternative mapset that people could play with gameplay mods. It wasn't the intended experience at all, but it sure was fun to go through.
This is the same thing, but for Ultimate Torment & Torture. For the most part, this is still the same mapset as Ultimate Torment & Torture, only extremely minor changes to the maps have been made for streamlining gameplay (i.e. the open courtyard on TNT01 is no longer cluttered with stalagmites, the lowering-pillars on TNT04CN lower slower, etc). The only major changes have been in enemy placement, variety, and what type of enemies there are; with this, people are now able to play through with the gameplay mod of their choice, providing a new way to play the game.

The Ultimate Torment & Torture: Supportive Edition

Чутка скринов для наглядности. Впрочем, пока я их грузил, автор выложил видео.
Скрытый текст:

Рейтинг сообщения: +2, отметил(и): BETEPAH[iddqd], TehGanker
1 1
TehGanker
- UAC Gunner -
Next rank: = UAC Gunner = after 20 points

Posts quality: +5
Ссылка на пост №2 Отправлено: 14.09.17 22:37:03
Это очень кстати. Давно не было такого осмысленного маппака.
Хотелось бы надеяться что еще автор DOOM Tribute Project'a сделает подобный широкий жест.

Рейтинг сообщения: +1, отметил(и): Infernal_KoT
Infernal_KoT
- Sergeant -
Next rank: = Sergeant = after 32 points

Posts quality: +86
Ссылка на пост №3 Отправлено: 15.09.17 01:35:35
TehGanker
Чего-то я его пропустил. Опробую, спасибо.
Скрытый текст:

1 1
Icon of Sin
- UAC Gunner -
Next rank: = UAC Gunner = after 20 points

Doom Rate: 0.83

Posts quality: +8
Ссылка на пост №4 Отправлено: 17.10.17 22:02:11
Давно хотел поиграть в UT&T с Бруталом
uHcauDep
- Lance Corporal -
Next rank: = Lance Corporal = after 30 points

Doom Rate: 2.6

Posts quality: +3
Ссылка на пост №5 Отправлено: 05.10.19 14:15:23
На первом же уровне 3 раза нажал load вместо save. Какой-то заколдованный вад. Никогда такого не было и тут проблема явно не во мне. Ваще тут проблема скорее всего в разрешении, которое стоит у меня.
Уровни очень хорошо обквэйканы, текстуры, даже возвращение на предыдущую локацию есть. Новые боссы, помогающие нам мариносы, правда последние медленные и полумертвые. Последний босс слишком легкий, если остаться на поднятой стене.
На map04c можно сагрить врагов не заходя в портал, годно.) Доп. уровень оказался с тем же самым боссом.

Очень качественный маппак, обязателен к прохождению.

Оценка: 8.5 из 10

Рейтинг сообщения: +1, отметил(и): Zveraboy
Страница 1 из 1Перейти наверх
   Список разделов - Мегавады и уровни - The Ultimate Torment & Torture: Supportive Edition